Thursday, July 7, 2011

Songs from us...

Hello weblings...  Sorry for my absence over the past little while (maybe it has been a pleasant  absence, then for coming back I am sorry).

I pester you this week for a piece of your brain, just a tiny little bit?

I would like to try a collaborative piece of work where we all write a song together.  What I would like, from anybody who is reading this, is to help me with some lyrics.

The subject matter I would like us to cover is that of Dreams.  Not the subconscious things that happen whilst we sleep, but dreams that we have for our lives, our children's lives, the notion of giving up on your dreams or realising your dreams.  It isn't restricted to this, just something to get the creative juices flowing...

If we can get enough for a whole song, my pledge to you is I will record our collective song and post it for everyone to listen to.  Also, for anyone who would like to be a little more involved I will upload just the music so that you can record your own version and we can create an online band!

So for now write your ideas, share this with the people you meet, ask your neighbor, retweet or repost, the more people who contribute the better our song will be!

I have faith in you weblings - we are the world, we are the children...

8 comments:

  1. Though the apple doesn't fall far
    the tree we become is our own
    Our roots grow strong from the earth around us
    Our memories are in the wind
    The sun lights up our day
    To let shine on all the other trees around us
    And when our leaves fall down
    Our seeds to rot a new life is begun

    No idea if that any good brett send to scrapheap but fun to create babble.. could be a weird song...??? Prob should've had a wine first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Great Lilian! some very nice imagery in there. What a great way to get the ball rolling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure around the campfire Sat night Brett we'll come up with something for ya!! :)
    Love the idea, look forward to the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll hold you to that!

    Just a note. It doesn't need to a lot, just a line, or even a few words, maybe someone can add to what you put up. Get ya thinking caps on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not very poetical but here are some words
    Dream of a world that is gentle and warm
    Dream if a world that is exciting and beautiful
    Now make it a dream for all and you will need not longer dreaming
    ---------------------
    I know it doesnt rime ...... I hope you can use some of this though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's great. Thanks Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Never give up, keep on believing
    Never give up, hold on to the dream
    You will succeed if you just believe
    That anything is possible"

    There you go Brett...some input from me...change it, scrap it, use it...whatever. How are your ideas coming on?
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mandy, good work :) Hoping to record some music in the next week or so, Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete